LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT/ PROJECT MANAGER
Commensurate with Experience
Surface 678, PA is a nationally recognized, award winning 26-person landscape architecture practice focusing on projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States. Our studio strives to proviSurface 678, PA is a nationally recognized, award winning 27-person landscape architecture practice focusing on projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States. Our studio strives to provide thoughtful, holistic and highly crafted design solutions that are responsive to each site’s unique social, cultural, and environmental conditions. Located in Durham, North Carolina, we partner with design professionals, civic/cultural institutions, and municipalities to create memorable and vibrant landscapes that enrich and celebrate everyday life. The Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill region is consistently rated as one of the top locations for creative culture and urban lifestyle in an affordable, reasonably paced setting. Durham is minutes from Duke, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill and North Carolina State Universities, major medical centers and cultural attractions, 2.5 hours from the beach and 3.5 hours from the mountains.
Our growing office is looking to hire an energetic and focused Landscape Designer with 5-7 years of Our growing office is looking to hire an experienced and focused Landscape Architect/Project Manager. Candidates should be self-motivated, driven, and comfortable working within a collaborative studio culture. Landscape Architects/Project managers are expected to successfully manage all phases of work including production of high-quality designs, presentations, documentation while coordinating firm resources and staffing. Individuals in this position are entrusted with maintaining client and team relationships, organizing workflow, managing project budgets, and structuring project proposals and fees. We have a sincere commitment to giving responsibility to our designers and providing opportunities for mentorship and growth.
- Registered Landscape Architect in the state of North Carolina or eligible and pursuant of RLA status via exam or comity
- 5+ Years of professional experience practicing landscape architecture with a focus on site design and documentation.
- Proficiency in creating 2D and 3D renderings and construction documents and models. If not included in your resume or cover letter, please include in your application the following listed programs with your proficiency in each, either a) beginner, b) intermediate, or c) advanced in the following software AutoCAD, Vectorworks Landmark (preferred), Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino, Lumion or other rendering software, Grasshopper, Bluebeam Professional Suite
- Experience in producing concept presentations and documentation sets; excellent graphic design and visual simulation skills; ability to convey an idea utilizing hand sketching and graphics
- Strong interest and background in landscaping, hardscape, irrigation, drainage, knowledge of plant materials and horticultural practices
- Appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants
- Sustainable accreditation preferred (LEED AP, SITES AP)
- Team player with excellent communication abilities – oral, written, visual
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ensures projects meet the firm’s standards for content, form, and accuracy and follows all firm QA/QC protocols
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat DC/PDF management, construction management software(s)
- Experience with both in-office and onsite project management
Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
Send an email containing a single PDF file (size limit 10MB) including a letter of interest, resume, a portfolio, and references to Robert Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org