Commensurate with Experience
Surface 678, PA is a nationally recognized, award winning 25-person landscape architecture practice focusing on projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States. Our studio strives to provide thoughtful, holistic and highly-crafted design solutions that are responsive to each site’s unique social, cultural, and environmental conditions. Located in Durham, North Carolina, we partner with design professionals, civic/cultural institutions, and municipalities to create memorable and vibrant landscapes that enrich and celebrate everyday life.
Our growing office is looking to hire an energetic and focused Landscape Designer with 2-4 years of experience. Candidates should be self-motivated, driven, and comfortable working within a collaborative studio culture. The ideal candidate should have prior site design and junior project management experience and have a license in landscape architecture or within imminent licensure. Skills valued include design and project management skills [concept through construction administration], experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, experience with regulatory review processes and permitting, AutoCAD proficiency, Adobe Suite, Rhino, Sketch-up, technical specifications, public presentations, cost estimation, and LEED Certification. We have a sincere commitment to giving responsibility to young designers in order to build proficiency and confidence within the field with the ultimate aim of gaining professional licensure.
- 2-4 years employment history with site specific design, grading, planting design/construction,
- Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- Proficiency in CAD, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator is required
- Proficiency with Sketchup 3-D Modeling or Rhino
- Proficiency with Vectorworks is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in graphics and communications
- Basic skills in site-specific design with particular skill at grading and planting design
- Highly motivated, able to work both self-directed and on interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to work well with others as a team member in a fast-paced and energetic studio environment
- Some travel required.
Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
Send an email containing a single PDF file (size limit 10MB) including a letter of interest, resume, a portfolio, and references to: email@example.com